The purpose of an exercise ball  

Posted by: Stacy in , ,

Sometime ago I got a wild hair and decided that I needed an exercise ball and some weights. Off to the nearest store I went. I selected the best deal they had: a ball (complete with pump), a DVD, and 2 3 lb. hand weights for 20 bucks. Couldn't beat that I told myself. Along with that, I also picked up 2 8 lb. weights because I didn't think the 3 pounders would cut it. I wanted a serious work out here.

When I got home and got the ball blown up, my kids were in awe at the size of it. "WOW," was all I heard for days. All they heard for days was, "It's not a play toy!"

At first I couldn't find the time to put my exercise ball to good use. I wanted to use it, really I did. I would catch it staring at me as I was surfing MySpace, calling me as I was watching the newest episode of 'Top Chef.' However, it wasn't until I caught an episode of 'Work Out' did a fire get lit under my arse.....for all of about 30 minutes.

My ball is neglected, I admit. Since that fateful night, it has been brought out one other time. I feel horrible about this because my intentions weren't to buy it and then not touch it. I really do plan on working out on it but I'd rather do it alone and it seems I always have a critter of some kind (be it a kid, cat or dog) underneath my feet at any given hour on any given day.

The kids have since found many great uses for my exercise ball. (Yeah I got over the "Don't touch" thing real quick) Let's see...there's the obvious- basketball (of course with no net seeing how this is done indoors), dodge ball (again, indoors), using it as a chair, propping their feet on it while watching a movie or playing a video game, rolling it after the cats and dogs. This, I will say, was funny the very first time it was done. The cats ran for cover as fast as their little paws would carry them! After that, they got in trouble for aggravating the animals.

The best use for the ball (and my favorite so far) has been when my son, McKinnley and one of my twins, Bailee, tried to recreate a scene from the 'Rob & Big' show. Anyone catch that episode?! If not, watch the video provided. If you have, watch it anyways because it's hilarious!



They have perfected this to the best of their ability so that Bailee doesn't get hurt. What can I say? Kids will be kids!

I'm just glad my exercise ball isn't sitting in a corner somewhere collecting dust. The kids are getting my 20 bucks worth!

This entry was posted on 2:18 AM and is filed under , , . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

2 comments

LMAO! That was great Stacy. I remember that episode of Rob & Big. I can just picture the kids trying to re-create it. Welcome to the blogging world.

LMAO that video was funny! I use to have a exercise ball, gave it back to my mom. I'm thinking about getting another one to set at while playing on the computer...not sure though.

Post a Comment