How much is it worth to ya?  

Posted by: Stacy in ,


My twins girls are 8. They love being eight. They love even more being twins. They understand that it's a very special thing they have together, something that NO ONE can take from them. While they love doing things together (and excluding others on purpose because they aren't a "twin") they also do plenty on their own. Sometimes A will want to play with B and she's busy doing her own thing and can't be bothered.

This is when the "twin negotiations" come in. Yes, on any given occasion it seems my girls have perfected the "when in crisis" situation and can talk the other one into things. Sometimes this is a good thing...more times than not, trouble soon follows!

The other night as I was cooking dinner I hear Ashlyn ask Bailee if she wanted to go play 'Justice League' in their room. Bailee was waiting for her turn to play some PS2 and declined with a "No, that's okay." That was simply not good enough for Miss A and she continued to harass her other half.

The voices turn to whispers and then I suddenly hear A asking B if she would "pick up a thousand feathers for it?" "Yes...." "Would you 'twin wrestle' for it?" "Yep..." "Would you...dance 'til your feet hurt?" "*SIGH* Yeah..." "Would you...kill yourself for it?" "Uh, NO. You know we can't do that. Mom'll get mad."

Even though I was laughing inside at Bailee's response to this, I had to interrupt and question Ashlyn as to why she would ask something like that. She did the typical thing every kid does- she shrugged her shoulders and said "I don't know." Once upon a time, I answered my parents the same way.

So I had a little chat with the girls about things, nothing too heavy, I don't want to be the sourpuss Mom that ruins the fun and off they went to the bedroom to play 'Justice League.' It seems Ashlyn had won that round of negotiations!

This entry was posted on 1:03 AM and is filed under , . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

1 comments

Twin negotiations. That's cute. Your girls are beautiful!!

Post a Comment