Saying Good Bye...  

Posted by: Stacy in , ,

Is never an easy thing to do. You can’t “prepare” for it even when you know its coming. You really can’t say how you’ll react until it actually happens.

In the last two weeks, I have had my fair share of good byes. So many that I don’t want to ever have another, but that’s just not realistic. In fact, I will have to say good bye yet again next month. Am I ready for it? At first I thought I was, but now after this evening, I know I am not.

You see, the tearful good byes started when my mom had a family dog put down on July 1st. He was supposed to be going for a check up to the vet office. Little did poor Copper know (or anyone for that matter) that it would be his last car ride. Copper was very old and began to have problems so instead of him suffering, my mom decided to have him put down. Which was very hard for her to do, I know. It was very hard for all of us to say good bye to the little bugger and he is missed daily.

The next crying session took place on July 3rd when I had say good bye to my sister-in-law, 7 year old niece & 2 ½ year old nephew. Due to the ‘shit happens’ factor in life, they were moving (moved) to Arkansas where she is from and where her family still lives. I was actually quite proud of myself during this one. I kept telling myself to not cry because I didn’t want to upset my niece as she had just said good bye to her daddy. My sister-in-law apparently could see that I was getting ready to wail so she added the “No crying! We’ll see you when you come to Arkansas!” I was a trooper and held it in until they were down the road….then I cried like a baby.

An expected yet unexpected good bye took place late this afternoon when I got to my mom’s. My sister had found a home for Little Man. Little Man is my ‘grand dog;’ he is the son of my Macy and the brother of my Chunky. I grew very attached to him. I wanted to take him so badly and hold him until they could have him again, but things don’t always work out the way we would like for them to. I’m sure the teenager that was holding him thought I was off my rocker as I cried, kissed his little face and told him that I would always love him. Then again, maybe he understood.

Then there was this evening; saying good bye to my sister and her family (7 & 3 year old nieces). With my brother-in-law being stationed in Georgia, I honestly thought I’d be okay with this one. Georgia isn’t very far away, the drive is only like 6 hours and I knew that they’d be back to visit often. As the evening came to a close and all the kids were giving out their hugs & kisses, my sister and I exchanged glances. I think we were both thinking the same thing only neither one of us wanted to say it- “This is it.” We hugged and cried and hugged and cried and hugged and cried some more.

My final good bye will be to my older sister next month whose husband has been stationed in Germany. Although she lives in Colorado right now, she will come ‘home’ before the big move and I’m sure the waterworks will be in full effect.

Whether saying good bye means the loss of a loved one or a move out of the area, it’s really never an easy thing to do.

This entry was posted on 12:28 AM and is filed under , , . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments

Post a Comment