È Finito  

Posted by: Stacy

Brent and I have gotten the long awaited (2 yrs. of waiting) $1900 swing set up for the kids. IT IS A HIT!! Thank you Home Depot! 4 swings, 2 towers, 1 rock wall, 1 bumpy slide, 1 turbo slide, a pirate’s wheel and a periscope is everything they had imagined! All that’s left to finish are the monkey bars. We have both been brainstorming though on making the underneath it all a sort of playhouse for them but that will be a surprise!



I will say, the “Build-In-A-Day” as it states on the DVD that comes with the 7 different books of instructions IS A JOKE! We spent one full day from 8:30 A.M. til after dark (roughly 7:30 P.M.) as well as two ½ days working on it. Build-in-a-day….WHATEVER!

I’m just so glad that it’s done, over with and the kids are in hog heaven! I’ve added a couple little signs to it and am still on the lookout for the Pirate flag to go on top of it. This of course was at the request of the kids.

“Mom. We can’t have a pirate ship without a pirate flag!”

Of course you can’t. How silly of me to think such a thing.

So the oldest 3 refer to it (most of the time) as the “pirate ship.” While the youngest insists that it’s HER “Tasle.” (Translation: ‘Castle.’) Then there are the days when it’s an Art class with Ashlyn as the teacher and Payten as the sole pupil. I can’t leave out when it’s transformed into spy headquarters and packed with all sorts of ‘spy gear’; (working) walkie talkies, binoculars (night vision at that), watches, ropes, alarms that sound should you touch the red beam (thank you Burger King kids meal for those annoying little buggers). Yep, that’s right. I have my very own ‘Spy Kids.’ Who needs the movies when I can just sit outside and watch it live?!

All in all, it was well worth the money and well worth the wait!




This entry was posted on 8:56 AM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

3 comments

I'm drooling! I love that swing set!

My step father builds stuff and that took him and my 19 yr old nephew 2 days! It looks great though!

Post a Comment